- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Arg26-Glu177
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 17.26 kD
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: ED50 is 0.5 ng/ml as determined by the dose-dependent inhibition of IL-1 stimulation of D10S cells.
Specific Activity of 2.0 x 106 IU/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 50mM TrisHCl, 200mM NaCl, pH 7.5. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL1RN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist Protein, IL-1RN, IL-1ra, IRAP, ICIL-1RA, IL1 Inhibitor, Anakinra, IL1RN, IL1F3, IL1RA, IL-1F3
- Protein Accession Number: P18510
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 325652083
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3557
- Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist (IL-1RN) is a member of the IL-1 family. Endogenous IL-1RN is produced in numerous animal disease models as well as in human autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases. It binds to IL-1 receptors in competition with IL-1, but does not elicit intracellular response from this binding. Its role in counteracting the proinflammatory effects of IL-1 is being studied by numerous research groups. IL-4 and IL-13 have been shown to amplify the stimulatory effect of IL1-beta on the production of soluble and intracellular forms of IL-1RN. The regulated expression of IL-1RN in various cell types has been shown to be influenced by cytokines. In synovial fibroblasts, IL-1, TNF-alpha, or PDGF markedly enhances the synthesis of IL-1RN.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-024
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin