- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Human IL-18 (aa 37-193) is fused at the N-terminus to a His-tag.
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >97% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 1EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstituted in sterile H2O not less than 100 μg/ml, which can then be further diluted in other aqueous solutions.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL18
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-18, Interferon-gamma-inducing Factor, IGIF, IL-1gamma, IL1F4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001553
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504653
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3606
- Interleukin-18 (IL-18) is a costimulatory factor for production of interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) in response to toxic shock and shares functional similarities with IL-12. IL-18 is synthesized as a precursor 24kDa molecule without a signal peptide and must be cleaved to produce an active molecule. IL-1 converting enzyme (ICE; Caspase-1) cleaves pro-IL-18 at aspartic acid in the P1 position, producing the mature, bioactive peptide that is readily released from the cells. It is reported that IL-18 is produced from Kupffer cells, activated macrophages, keratinocytes, intestinal epithelial cells, osteoblasts, adrenal cortex cells and murine diencephalon. IFN-gamma is produced by activated T or NK cells and plays critical roles in the defense against microbiral pathogens. IFN-gamma activates macrophages and enhances NK activity and B cell maturation, proliferation and Ig secretion. IFN-gamma also induces expression of MHC class I and II antigens and inhibits osteoclast activation. IL-18 acts on T helper type-1 (Th1) T cells and in combination with IL-12 strongly induces them to produce IFN-gamma. Pleiotropic effects of IL-18 have also been reported, such as enhancement production of IFN-gamma and GM-CSF in peripheral blood mononuclear cells, production of Th1 cytokines, IL-2, GM-CSF, IFN-gamma in T cells and enhancement of Fas ligand expression by Th1 cells.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-506
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $270.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin