- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MIVKAGITIP RNPGCPNSED KNFPRTVMVN LNIHNRNTNT NPKRSSDYYN RSTSPWNLHR NEDPERYPSV IWEAKCRHLG CINADGNVDY HMNSVPIQQE ILVLRREPPH CPNSFRLEKI LVSVGCTCVT PIVHHVA
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Assay 1: Determined by the dose-dependent induction of IL-6 in primary human foreskin fibroblast. The expected ED50is ≤ 2.0 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 105 units/mg.
Assay 2: Measured by its ability to induce IL-6 production by NHDF cells.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized IL-17A recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted IL-17A is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing IL-17A recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL17A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL17, CTLA8, IL-17, IL-17A, IL17, Interleukin-17A, Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002181.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504651
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3605
- The originally described IL-17 protein, now known as IL-17A, is a homodimer of two 136 amino acid chains, secreted by activated T-cells that act on stromal cells to induce production of proinflammatory and hematopoietic bioactive molecules. Today, IL-17 represents a family of structurally-related cytokines that share a highly conserved C-terminal region but differ from one another in their N-terminal regions and in their distinct biological roles. The six known members of this family, IL-17A through IL-17F, are secreted as homodimers. IL-17A exhibits cross-species bioactivity between human and murine cells. Recombinant human IL-17A is a 31.0 kDa disulfide-linked homodimer of two 136 amino acid polypeptide chains. Manufactured using all non-animal reagents.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-521
- Size: 0.025 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.