- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (84%), Rat: (81%), Pig: (74%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-IL-17 antibody (4887) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the center of mature human IL-17.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50-100 of IL-17.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.125-2 μg/mL; IF: 5-20 μg/mL; IHC: 1-5 μg/mL .
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunofluorescence in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 17-208 - A20 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 17.5kD
Observed: 18 kDa
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 1): Anit-IL-17 antibodies (4887) detected human IL-17 recombinant protein at different concentrations
- ISOFORMS: Human IL-17 has only one isoform (155aa, 17.5kD). Mouse IL-17 has one isoform (158aa, 17.5kD) and Rat IL-17 also has one isoform (150aa, 16.9kD). 4887 can detect human, mouse and rat IL-17.
- PURIFICATION: IL-17 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-17 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-17 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL17A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-17 Antibody: IL17, CTLA8, IL-17, IL-17A, IL17, Interleukin-17A, Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002181
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504651
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3605
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IL-17 Antibody: Interleukin 17 (IL-17) is a family of pro-inflammatory cytokines produced by activated T cells and is thought to have a major role in the initiation and perpetuation of rheumatoid arthritis. IL-17 regulates the activities of NF-κB and mitogen-activated protein kinases such as ERK and JNK. In addition, IL-17 stimulates the expression of IL-6 and cyclooxygenase-2 and enhances the production of nitric oxide. IL-17-producing T helper cells (TH-17 cells) have been the subject of much attention due to the importance of IL-17 in the pathogenesis of autoimmune inflammation. Because of its role in autoimmune diseases, it is thought that targeting the production and action of IL-17 would be beneficial therapeutically in these diseases.
- 1: Miossec. Curr. Opin. Rheumatol.2000; 12:181-5.
- 2: Paunovic et al. Rheumatol.2008; 47:771-6.
- 3: Steinman. Nat. Med.2007; 13:139-145.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4887
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.