- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: SAASASAASD VSVESTAEAT VCTVTLEKMS AGLGFSLEGG KGSLHGDKPL TINRIFKGAA SEQSETVQPG DEILQLGGTA MQGLTRFEAW NIIKALPDGP VTIVIRRKSL QSKETTAAGD S
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by its ability ot chemoattract human CD4+ T - Lymphocytes using a concentration range of 50.0 - 100.0 ng/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized IL-16 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted IL-16 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing IL-16 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL16
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LCF, NIL16, PRIL16, prIL-16, Pro-interleukin-16, Lymphocyte chemoattractant factor, IL-16
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001165599.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 289063395
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3603
- IL-16 is a CD8+ T cell-derived cytokine that induces chemotaxis of CD4+ T cells and CD4+ monocytes and eosinophils. Analysis by gel filtration suggests that, under physiological conditions, hIL-16 exists predominantly as a noncovalently linked multimer, but that some IL-16 may exist as a monomer. However, only the multimeric form appears to possess chemotactic activity, suggesting that receptor cross-linking may be required for activity. IL-16 also induces expression of IL-2 receptor (IL-2R) and MHC class II molecules on CD4 + T cells. Human and murine IL-16 show significant cross-species reactivity. Recombinant human IL-16 is a 12.4 kDa protein consisting of 121 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-262
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.