- SPECIES: Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: TPGPVRRSTS PPVALRELIE ELSNITQDQK TSLCNSSIVW SVDLTAGGFC AALESLTNIS SCNAIHRTQR ILNGLCNQKA SDVASSPPDT KIEVAQFISK LLNYSKQLFR YGH
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by the dose - dependent proliferation of TF - 1 cells is < 5.0 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of > 2 x 105 units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized IL-13 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted IL-13 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing IL-13 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Il13
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Il-13, Interleukin-13, T-cell activation protein P600, IL-13
- Protein Accession Number: NP_446280.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 16758680
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 116553
- IL-13 is an immunoregulatory cytokine produced primarily by activated Th2 cells, and also by mast cells and NK cells. Targeted deletion of IL-13 in mice resulted in impaired Th2 cell development and indicated an important role for IL-13 in the expulsion of gastrointestinal parasites. IL-13 exerts anti-inflammatory effects on monocytes and macrophages and it inhibits the expression of inflammatory cytokines such as IL-1β, TNF-α, IL-6 and IL-8. IL-13 has also been shown to enhance B cell proliferation and to induce isotype switching resulting in increased production of IgE. Blocking of IL-13 activity inhibits the pathophysiology of asthma. Human and murine IL-13 is cross-species reactive. Recombinant rat IL-13 is a 12.3 kDa protein consisting of 113 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-470
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.