- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hIL-13 (human Interleukin-13).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, Neutralization Assay, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Neutralization:
To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hIL-13 (2.0 ng/mL), a concentration of 0.12 - 0.15 μg/mL of this antibody is required.
To detect hIL-13 by direct ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-13.
To detect hIL-13 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with our Biotinylated Anti-Human IL-13 (XP-5167Bt) as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-13.
To detect hIL-13 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIL-13 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: Anti-hIL-13 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing immobilized hIL-13 matrix.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-13 antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL13
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: P600, IL-13, NC30, Interleukin-13IL-13
- Protein Accession Number: P35225
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 239938644
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3596
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Human IL13 was originally identified by differential screening of an anti CD28 activated human peripheral blood mononuclear cell cDNA library as an induction specific novel cytokine. It was also isolated from cDNA libraries of human T cell clones using the murine IL13 (P600) cDNA as a probe. Human IL13, a pleiotropic cytokine, is produced by activated Th0, Th1 like, Th2 like, and CD8 T cells. The gene for human IL13 maps to chromosome 5 and is closely linked to the genes for IL3, IL4, IL5, and GMCSF.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XP-5167
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin