- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits immunized with highly pure recombinant Rat IL-13. Anti-Rat IL-13 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing an immobilized Rat IL-13 matrix.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Sandwich ELISA: To detect Rat IL-13 by sandwich ELISA (using 100μl/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with ProSci’s Biotinylated Anti-Rat IL-13 as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant Rat IL-13.
To detect Rat IL-13 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/ml. When used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, the detection limit for recombinant Rat IL-13 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: IL-13 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing an immobilized Rat IL-13 matrix
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Il13
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NC300 (Human), P600 (Murine)
- Protein Accession Number: P42203
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: P42203.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 116553
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- IL-13 is an immunoregulatory cytokine produced primarily by activated Th2 cells, and also by mast cells and NK cells. Targeted deletion of IL-13 in mice resulted in impaired Th2 cell development and indicated an important role for IL-13 in the expulsion of gastrointestinal parasites. IL-13 exerts anti-inflammatory effects on monocytes and macrophages and it inhibits the expression of inflammatory cytokines such as IL-1b, TNF-a, IL-6 and IL-8. IL-13 has also been shown to enhance B cell proliferation and to induce isotype switching, resulting in increased production of IgE. Blocking of IL-13 activity inhibits the pathophysiology of asthma. Human and murine IL-13 are cross-species reactive. Recombinant Rat IL-13 a 12.3 kDa protein consisting of 113 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-344
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin