- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (94%), Mouse: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: IL-11 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human IL-11.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of IL-11.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IL-11 antibody can be used for the detection of IL-11 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry at 10 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: IL-11 antibody is human specific. At least two isoforms of IL-11 are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the longest isoform of IL-11.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 20 kDa
Observed: 19 kDa
- PURIFICATION: IL-11 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-11 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-11 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL-11
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-11, Adipogenesis inhibitory factor, AGIF
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000632
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10834994
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3589
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Interleukin 11 is a pleiotropic cytokine that has multiple effects on both hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic cells. Many of the biological effects described for IL-11 overlap those for IL-6 (1). It directly stimulates the proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells and megakaryocyte progenitor cells and induces megakaryocyte maturation resulting in increased platelet production (2). IL-11 promotes the proliferation of hepatocytes in response to liver damage. IL-11 binds to its receptor formed by IL6ST and either IL11RA1 or IL11RA2 (3). Clinically it is used to prevent severe thrombocytopenia and the reduction of the need for platelet transfusion following myelo-suppressive chemotherapy (4).
- 1: Paul SR, Bennett F, Calvetti JA. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding interleukin-11, astromal cell-derived lymphopoietic and hematopoietic cytokine. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1990; 87:7512-6.
- 2: Yang YC and Yin T. Interleukin (IL)-11 mediated signal transduction. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1995; 762:31-40.
- 3: Dimitriadis E, Robb L, Salamonsen LA. Interleukin 11 advances progesterone-induced decidualization of human endometrial stromal cells. Mol. Hum. Reprod. 2002; 8:636-43.
- 4: Andersson By U, Tani E, Andersson U. Tumor necrosis factor, interleukin 11, and leukemia inhibitory factor produced by Langerhans cells in Langerhans cell histiocytosis. J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2004; 26:706-11.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8453
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805