- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hIL-11 (human Interleukin-11).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, Neutralization Assay, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Neutralization:
To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hIL-11 (1.50 ng/mL), a concentration of 0.02 - 0.05 μg/mL of this antibody is required.
To detect hIL-11 by direct ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-11.
To detect hIL-11 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with our Biotinylated Anti-Human IL-11 (XP-5164Bt) as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-11.
To detect hIL-11 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIL-11 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: Anti-hIL-11 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing immobilized hIL-11 matrix.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-11 antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL11
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AGIF, IL-11Interleukin-11, Adipogenesis inhibitory factor, IL-11
- Protein Accession Number: P20809
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124294
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3589
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Interleukin 11 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by mesenchymal-derived adherent cells. IL11 shares many functions of IL6 and LIF, including potentiation of megakaryocyte activity, enhancement of human myeloma cell proliferation, and enhancement of hepatic acute phase protein production. Interleukin 11 directly stimulates the proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells and megakaryocyte progenitor cells, and induces megakaryocyte maturation resulting in increased platelet production. Clinically it is used to prevent severe thrombocytopenia and the reduction of the need for platelet transfusion following myelosuppressive chemotherapy.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XP-5164
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin