- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (75%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-IKK epsilon antibody (2329) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human IKK epsilon.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of IKK epsilon.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; IHC: 10 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: It has no cross response to IKKa, IKKb, or IKKy.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1307 - Human Pancreas Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 11-101 - Human Pancreas Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1202 - A431 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 80kD
Observed: 80 kD
Induced Expression Validation (Figure 1): Raw 264.7 cells were treated with LPS (0.3 µg /mL) for different time period (3 hrs and 6 hrs). IKK epsilon expression detected by anit-IKK epsilon antibodies (2329) was induced by LPS treatment and the expression levels were increased gradually at 3 hrs and 6 hrs.
- ISOFORMS: Human IKK epsilon has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (716aa, 80kD) and isoform 2 (631aa, 70kD). Mouse IKK epsilon has one isoform (717aa, 81kD) and Rat IKK epsilon also has one isoform (717aa, 80kD). 2329 can detect human, mouse and possibly rat.
- PURIFICATION: IKK epsilon Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IKK epsilon Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IKK epsilon antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IKBKE
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IKK epsilon Antibody: IKKE, IKKI, IKK-E, IKK-i, IKKE, KIAA0151, Inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit epsilon, Inducible I kappa-B kinase, I-kappa-B kinase epsilon
- Protein Accession Number: AF241789
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7288877
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9641
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IKK epsilon Antibody: Nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB) is a ubiquitous transcription factor and an essential mediator of gene expression during activation of immune and inflammatory responses. NF-κB mediates the expression of a great variety of genes in response to extracellular stimuli. NF-κB is associated with IκB proteins in the cell cytoplasm, which inhibit NF-κB activity. IκB is phosphorylated by IκB kinase (IKK) complex that contains IKKα, IKKβ, and IKKγ. A novel molecule in the IKK complex was recently identified and designated IKKε/IKK-i. IKK epsilon is required for the activation of NF-κB by PMA and T cell receptors but not by TNFα and IL-1. IKKε/IKK-i message is expressed in a variety of tissues and is inducible by TNFα, IL-1, and LPS.
- 1: Peters et al. Mol Cell 2000;5(3):513-22.
- 2: Shimada et al. Int Immunol 1999;11(8):1357-62 (WD0101).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2329
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.