- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gly 28 - Lys 291
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 31 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IGFBP3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IGFBP3, BP-53, IBP3
- Protein Accession Number: AAH18962
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3486
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 is also known as IGFBP3, is a protein that, in humans, is encoded by the IGFBP3 gene. IGFBP3 forms a ternary complex of about 140 ~150 kDa with IGF1 or IGF2 and a glycoprotein insulin-like growth factor acid-labile subunit (ALS), thus alter the interaction of IGFs with their cell surface receptors. IGFBP3 exerts either proapoptotic or growth stimulatory effects depending upon the cellular context. Studies have shown that IGFBP3 can leads to the induction of apoptosis dependent or independent of the IGF-IGF receptor axis, accordingly acts as a negative regulator of tumorigenesis and progressing in certain carcinomas. The highest expression level is found in the nonparanchymal cells of the liver. Expression levels are also higher during extrauterine life and peak during puberty.
- 1: Jones, J.I. and D.R. Clemmons, 1995, Endocrine Rev. 16:3.
- 2: Kelley, K.M. et al., 1996, Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 28:619.
- 3: Spagnoli, A. and R.G. Rosenfeld, 1997, Curr. Op. Endocrinology and Diabetes 4:1.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-417
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $505.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.