- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 25 - Glu 91
- FUSION TAG: N-Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 35 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM tris, 100 mM glycine, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IGF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IGF2, C11orf43, FLJ22066, FLJ44734, IGF-II, PP9974
- Protein Accession Number: P01344-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3481
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF-2) is also known as Somatomedin-A, IGF-II, PP9974, and is one of three protein hormones that share structural similarity to insulin. IGF-2 exerts its effects by binding to the IGF-1 receptor. IGF2 may also bind to the IGF-2 receptor (also called the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor), which acts as a signalling antagonist; that is, to prevent IGF2 responses. The major role of IGF2 is as a growth promoting hormone during gestation. In the process of Folliculogenesis, IGF2 is created by Theca cells to act in an autocrine manner on the theca cells themselves, and in a paracrine manner on Granulosa cells in the ovary. IGF2 promotes granulosa cell proliferation during the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle, acting alongside Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). After ovulation has occurred, IGF-2 promotes progesterone secretion during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle together with Luteinizing Hormone (LH). Thus, IGF2 acts as a Co-hormone together with both FSH and LH. IGF-2 may play a key role in memory and could potentially be used to treat Alzheimer's Disease. It is sometimes produced in excess in islet cell tumours, causing hypoglycemia. Doege-Potter syndrome is a paraneoplastic syndrome in which hypoglycemia is associated with the presence of one or more non-islet fibrous tumors in the pleural cavity. has been shown to interact with IGFBP3 and Transferrin.
- 1: MacRae, Fiona , 2011, Daily Mail (London).
- 2: Balduyck B,et al., 2006, J Thorac Oncol 1 (6): 588–90.
- 3: Storch, S, et al., 2001, FEBS Lett. (Netherlands) 509 (3): 395–8.
- 4: Buckway, C K, et al., 2001, J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. (United States) 86 (10): 4943–50.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-412
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.