- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gly49-Ala118
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 7.6 kD
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: ED50 is greater than 200 ng/ml as determined by an IGF binding protein assay.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.05 ng/ug (0.5 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 300mM NaAc, pH 6.5. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in 500mM Acetic Acid.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IGF1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Insulin-Like Growth Factor I, IGF-I, Mechano Growth Factor, MGF, Somatomedin-C, IGF1, IBP1
- Protein Accession Number: P05019
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 767957252
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3479
- Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF1) belongs to the family of insulin-like growth factors that are structurally homologous to proinsulin. Mature IGFs are generated by proteolytic processing of inactive precursor proteins, which contains the N- and C-terminal propeptide regions. Mature human IGF-I consisting of 70 amino acids has 94% identity with mouse IGF-I and exhibits cross-species activity. IGF-1 binds IGF-IR, IGF-IIR, and the insulin receptor and plays a key role in cell cycle progression, cell proliferation and tumor progression. IGF-1 expression is regulated by growth hormone. R3 IGF-1 is an 83 amino acid analog of IGF-1 comprising the complete human IGF-1 sequence with the substitution of an Arg (R) for the Glu(E) at position three, hence R3, and a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N terminus. R3 IGF-1 has been produced with the purpose of increasing biological activity. R3 IGF-1 is significantly more potent than human IGF-I in vitro.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-023
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.