- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hIGF-BP5. Human IGF-BP5 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated.
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
To detect hIGF-BP5 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.25 - 1.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This biotinylated polyclonal antibody, in conjunction with our polyclonal Anti-Human IGF-BP5 as a capture antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIGF-BP5.
To detect hIGF-BP5 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIGF-BP5 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IGF-BP5 antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IGFBP5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IBP5, IBP5, Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 5IBP-5
- Protein Accession Number: P24593
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124069
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3488
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- IGF-BP5 is one of a family of proteins that bind to insulin-like growth factors (IGFs). IGFB-P5 is a multifunctional protein which acts not only as a traditional binding protein but also functions as a growth factor independent of IGFs to stimulate bone formation. Currently there are seven named IGF-BPs that form high affinity complexes with both IGFI and IGFII. IGF-BP5 is the major IGF-binding protein present in bone tissue and helps potentiate the action of IGFI on smooth muscle cells, fibroblasts or osteoblasts. Data shows that IGF-BP5 acts as a growth inhibitor and pro-apoptotic agent in breast cancer cells. IGF-BP5 overexpressing mice show an increase in neonatal mortality, reduced female fertility, whole-body growth inhibition and retarded muscle development.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-154
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.