- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MSYNLLGFLQ RSSNFQCQKL LWQLNGRLEY CLKDRMNFDI PEEIKQLQQF QKEDAALTIY EMLQNIFAIF RQDSSSTGWN ETIVENLLAN VYHQINHLKT VLEEKLEKED FTRGKLMSSL HLKRYYGRIL HYLKAKEYSH CAWTIVRVEI LRNFYFINRL TGYLRN
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by a cytotoxicity assay using human TF-1 cells. The expected ED50 is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized IFN beta recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted IFN beta is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing IFN beta recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IFNB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IFB, IFF, IFNB, IFB, Interferon beta, Fibroblast interferon, IFN-beta
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002167.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504603
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3456
- Proteins of this family play an important role in inducing non-specific resistance against a broad range of viral infections. They also affect cell proliferation and modulate immune responses. Produced by peripheral blood leukocytes and lymphoblastoid cells, IFNα is an acid stable molecule that signals through IFNα/βR, which is also used by IFNβ. Both IFNs have similar anti-viral activity and regulate expression of MHC class I antigens. IFNα contains four highly conserved cysteine residues which form two disulfide bonds, one of which is necessary for biological activity. Recombinant human IFNβ is an 20.0 kDa protein containing 166 amino acid residues. Due to glycosylation, IFNβ has an approximate MW of 22.3 kDa based on SDS-PAGE gel and Mass Spectrometry.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-278
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.02 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin