- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-IFN-beta antibody (4243) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near the center of human IFN-beta.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 110-160 of IFN-beta.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 4-10 μg/mL; IHC: 2.5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1304 - Human Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 22kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar IFN-beta expression profile in human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-IFN-beta antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 4243 against central domain and 64-239 against human recombinant protein. IFN-beta proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 3): Anti-IFN-beta antibodies (4243) detected human IFN-beta recombinant protein.
- ISOFORMS: Human IFN-beta has one (187aa, 22kD). Mouse IFN-beta has one isoform (182aa, 22kD) and Rat IFN-beta also has one isoform (184aa, 22kD). 4243 can detect human isoform, and possibly detect mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: IFN-beta Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IFN-beta Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IFN-beta antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IFNB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IFN-beta Antibody: IFB, IFF, IFNB, IFB, Interferon beta, Fibroblast interferon, IFN-beta
- Protein Accession Number: AAC41702
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 184623
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3456
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IFN-beta Antibody: Type I Interferons (IFN-alpha/beta) are produced primarily in response to viral infection by "Natural IFN-producing cells" (IPCs) as part of the host immune response and can also inhibit the development of tumors. IFN-beta binding by its receptor results in the activation of the tyrosine kinases Jak1 and Tyk2 and phosphorylation of members of the STAT family of transcription factors, leading to the transcription and expression of the immune response genes. More recently, several members of the toll-like receptor (TLR) family were found to stimulate the production IFN-beta. IFN-beta is currently used clinically for treatment of tumors, infections and multiple sclerosis.
- 1: Gresser. J. Leuk. Biol.1997; 61:567-74.
- 2: Colonna. Eur. J. Immunol.2007; 37:306-9.
- 3: Kock et al. Ann. Neurol.2007; epub.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4243
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.