- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ile27-Lys243
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 51.8 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB,150mM NaCl,pH7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IFNAR2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interferon Alpha/Beta Receptor 2, IFN-R-2, IFN-Alpha Binding Protein, IFN-Alpha/Beta Receptor 2, Interferon Alpha Binding Protein, Type I Interferon Receptor 2, IFNAR2, IFNABR, IFNARB, beta R2
- Protein Accession Number: P48551
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3455
- Interferon alpha/ beta Receptor 2 (IFN- alpha/ beta R2) is a single-pass type I membrane protein which belongs to the type II cytokine receptor family. It complexes with IFN- alpha/ beta R1 to form the signaling receptor complex for the family of alpha and beta IFN subtypes. By alternative splicing, IFN- alpha/ beta R2 can exist as a secreted soluble protein or as a type I membrane protein. IFN- alpha/ beta R2 is the principal ligand binding subunit of the receptor. Ligand binding is stabilized by the subsequent association with IFN- alpha/ beta R1, resulting in the formation of a signaling ternary receptor complex. IFNAR2 was detected in most lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes, although IFNAR2 expression was higher in the monocytes and granulocytes than in the lymphocytes. Among the lymphocyte subsets, IFNAR2 showed high expression in natural killer (NK) cells and low expression in T lymphocytes. Isoform 1 and isoform 3 of IFNAR2 are directly involved in signal transduction due to their interaction with the TYR kinase, JAK1. Isoform 1 also interacts with the transcriptional factors, STAT1 and STAT2. Both forms are potent inhibitors of type I IFN activity.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-885
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $420.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin