- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: IFITM1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human IFITM1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of IFITM1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IFITM1 antibody can be used for detection of IFITM1 by Western blot at 2.5 - 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: IFITM1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IFITM1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IFITM1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IFITM1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IFITM1 Antibody: 9-27, CD225, IFI17, LEU13, DSPA2a, Interferon-induced transmembrane protein 1, Dispanin subfamily A member 2a
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003632
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 150010589
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8519
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IFITM1 Antibody: IFITM1 (Interferon inducible transmembrane protein 1) is a member of the IFN-inducible transmembrane protein family. It is an essential mediator of interferon-gamma-induced antiproliferation and plays a role in the control of cell growth. IFITM1 is upregulated in several tumor types and may be useful as a tumor biomarker. Both mouse IFITM1 and IFITM3 are expressed on the cell surfaces of primordial germ cells in a developmentally-regulated manner. IFITM1 activity is required for primordial germ cell transit, and IFITM1 acts as a repulsive molecule by repelling non-IFITM1-expressing primordial germ cells from the mesoderm into the endoderm.
- 1: Deblandre GA, Marinx OP, Evans SS, et al. Expression cloning of an interferon-inducible 17 kDa membrane protein implicated in the control of cell growth. J. Biol. Chem.1995; 270:23860-6.
- 2: Yang G, Xu Y, Chen X, et al. IFITM1 plays an essential role in the antiproliferative action of interferon-gamma. Oncogene.2007; 26:594-603.
- 3: Akyerli CB, Beksac M, Holko M, et al. Expression of IFITM1 in chronic myeloid leukemia patients. Leuk. Res.2005; 29:283-6.
- 4: Tanaka SS, Yamaguchi YL, Tsoi B, et al. IFITM/Mil/Fragilis family proteins IFITM1 and IFITM3 play distinct roles in mouse primordial germ cell homing and repulsion. Cell 2005; 9:745-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5805
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin