- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: ICAD antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of mouse ICAD.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ICAD.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ICAD antibody can be used for detection of of ICAD by Western blot at 1:1000 dilution. A 45 kDa band can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1402 - Mouse Lung Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 45 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ICAD Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ICAD Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ICAD antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Dffa
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ICAD Antibody: ICAD, DFF35, Dff45, ICAD-L, ICAD-S, A330085O09Rik, Icad, DNA fragmentation factor subunit alpha, DNA fragmentation factor 45 kDa subunit, DFF-45
- Protein Accession Number: O54786
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9087146
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 13347
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ICAD Antibody: Apoptosis is related to many diseases and induced by a family of cell death receptors and their ligands. Cell death signals are transduced by death domain containing adapter molecules and members of the caspase family of proteases. These death signals finally cause the degradation of chromosomal DNA by activated DNase. A human DNA fragmentation factor (DFF) was identified recently which was cleaved by caspase-3 during apoptosis. Mouse homologue of human DFF was identified as a DNase inhibitor designated ICAD, for inhibitor of caspase-activated DNase. Upon cleavage of DFF/ICAD, a caspase activated deoxyribonuclease (CAD) is released and activated and eventually causes the degradation of DNA in the nuclei. Therefore, the cleavage of CAD inhibitor molecule DFF/ICAD, which causes DNase activation and DNA degradation, is the hallmark of apoptotic cell death.
- 1: Liu X, Zou H, Slaughter C, Wang X. DFF, a heterodimeric protein that functions downstream of caspase-3 to trigger DNA fragmentation during apoptosis. Cell 1997;89:175-184
- 2: Enari M, Sakahira H, Yokoyama H, Okawa K, Iwamatsu A, Nagata S. A caspase-activated DNase that degrades DNA during apoptosis, and its inhibitor ICAD. Nature 1998;391:43-50
- 3: Sakahira H, Enari M, Nagata S. Cleavage of CAD inhibitor in CAD activation and DNA degradation during apoptosis. Nature 1998;391:96-99
- 4: Wyllie A. Apoptosis. An endonuclease at last. Nature 1998;39120-21 (RD1299)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2003
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin