- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 335.9 . 98.1
- Formula: C18H26ClN3O . H2SO4
- CAS: 747-36-4
- Solubility: Soluble in DMSO (30mg/ml) or DMF (30mg/ml).
- InChi Key: JCBIVZZPXRZKTI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- Smiles: ClC1=CC=C(C(NC(CCCN(CC)CCO)C)=CC=N2)C2=C1.O=S(O)(O)=O
- RTECS: KK3342500
- Identity: Determined by 1H-NMR.
- PURITY: greater than or equal to 98% (HPLC)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term Storage: +4C. Long Term Storage: -20C. Handling Advice: Keep cool and dry. Use/Stability: Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 2-[[4-[(7-Chloro-4-quinolinyl)amino]pentyl]ethylamino]-ethanol monosulfate; HCQ; NSC 4375
- Hydroxychloroquine is a synthetic less toxic derivative of chloroquine (Prod. No. AG-CR1-3721), commonly used as an antimalarial drug. Hydroxychloroquine has anti-inflammatory, immunomodulating, anti-infective, antiviral, antithrombotic and metabolic effects. It has anticancer properties, related to their strong antiproliferative, antimutagenic, epigenetic and autophagy inhibiting and apoptosis inducing activities. Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, antiphospholipid antibody syndrome and SjÃ¶gren's syndrome. Hydroxychloroquine interfers with lysosomal activity and autophagy, interacts with membrane stability and alters signaling pathways and transcriptional activity, which can result in inhibition of cytokine production and modulation of certain co-stimulatory molecules. It increases lysosomal pH in antigen-presenting cells and blocks in inflammatory conditions, toll-like receptors on plasmacytoid dendritic cells (PDCs). By decreasing TLR signaling, it reduces the activation of dendritic cells and the inflammatory process. It also acts as an antagonist TLR7 and TLR9. Hydroxychloroquine shows antiviral activity against several viruses by inhibiting viral replication and inhibits SARS-CoV-2 viral infection (COVID-19), in vitro.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 10-019
- Size: 250 mg
- List Price: $220.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805