- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Leu 39 - Val 202
- FUSION TAG: Mouse IgG Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a mouse IgG2a Fc tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 44.4 kDa. The protein migrates as 55-70 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 44.4 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Tris with Glycine, Arginine and NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFRSF14
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TNFRSF14,ATAR,HVEA,HVEM,LIGHTR,TR2,CD270
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003811.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8764
- Herpesvirus entry mediator (HVEM) is also known as TNFRSF14, TR2 (TNF receptorlike molecule) and ATAR (another TRAF associated receptor), is a type I membrane protein belonging to the TNF/NGF receptor superfamily. HVEM expression has been detected in peripheral blood T cells, B cells, monocytes and in various tissues enriched in lymphoid cells. The extracellular domain of HVEM has been shown to interact directly with the herpes simplex virus envelope glycoprotein D (gD). Two TNF superfamily ligands, including the secreted TNFβ (lymphotoxin α) and the membrane protein LIGHT (lymphotoxins, exhibits inducible expression, and competes with HSV glycoprotein D for HVEM, a receptor expressed by T lymphocytes), have been shown to be the cellular ligands for HVEM. Besides HVEM, LIGHT can also interact with LTβR, the receptor for lymphotoxin αβ heterotrimer. The role of the HVEM LIGHT /LTβ receptor ligand pair in immune function and herpesvirus pathobiology remains to be elucidated.
- 1: Hsu, H. et al., 1997, J. Biol. Chem. 272:13471.
- 2: Mauri, D.N. et al., 1998, Immunity 8:21.
- 3: Montgomery, R.I. et al., 1996, Cell 87:427.
- 4: Cheung,T.C.et al., 2005, Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA102:13218-23.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-522
- Size: 0.1 mg
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.