- SPECIES: Human respiratory syncytial virus A
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: His 67 - Arg 297
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 26.2 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Glycoprotein / GP (virus)
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HRSV Glycoprotein G
- Protein Accession Number: P20895
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 144411
- Human respiratory syncytial virus (HRSV) is the most common etiological agent of acute lower respiratory tract disease in infants and can cause repeated infections throughout life. Human respiratory syncytial virus A (strain Long) major surface glycoprotein G (RSV-G), a member of the pneumoviruses glycoprotein G family, is also known as attachment glycoprotein G and membrane-bound glycoprotein (mG), which contains a linear heparin binding domain essential for virus attachment to the host. Concretely speaking, RSV-G can attache the virion to the host cell membrane by interacting with heparan sulfate, initiating the infection. Furthermore, RSV-G can also interact with host CX3CR1, the receptor for the CX3C chemokine fractalkine, to modulate the immune response and facilitate infection. Unlike the other paramyxovirus attachment proteins, RSV-G lacks both neuraminidase and hemagglutinating activities.
- 1: Hendricks D.A., et al., 1986, J. Gen. Virol. 68:1705-1714.
- 2: Bao X., et al., 2008, PLoS Pathog. 4 (5): e1000077.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 97-054
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.