- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: HRK antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human Hrk.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Hrk.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Hrk antibody can be used for the detection of Hrk by Western blot at 2.5 - 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1414 - Mouse Pancreas Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 10 kDa
Observed: 12 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Hrk Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Hrk Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Hrk antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HRK
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Hrk Antibody: DP5, HARAKIRI, BID3, Activator of apoptosis harakiri, BH3-interacting domain-containing protein 3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003797
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504493
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8739
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Hrk Antibody: Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells. Hrk, a pro-apoptotic member of the Bcl-2 homology domain-3 (BH3)-only group of the Bcl-2 family of proteins, was also identified as novel protein induced during programmed neuronal death. It lacks significant homology to other Bcl-2 family members except for an 8-amino acid region that is similar to the BH3 motif of Bik. Hrk regulates apoptosis through interaction with the anti-apoptotic proteins Bcl-2 and Bcl-XL via this domain. It does not interact with the pro-apoptotic proteins Bax, Bak, or Bcl-XS. Hrk localizes to mitochondrial membranes in a pattern similar to that previously reported for Bcl-2 and Bcl-XL.
- 1: Lockshin RA, Osborne B, and Zakeri Z. Cell death in the third millennium. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Imaizumi K, Tsuda M, Imai Y, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel polypeptide, DP5, induced during programmed neuronal death. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:18842-8.
- 3: Inohara N, Ding L, Chen S, et al. harakiri, a novel regulator of cell death, encodes a protein that activates apoptosis and interacts selectively with survival-promoting proteins Bcl-2 and Bcl-XL. EMBO J. 1997; 16:1686-94.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3771
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin