- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met1-Thr261
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 29.86 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB, 150mM NaCl, 1mM EDTA, pH 7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HMOX1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Heme Oxygenase 1, HO-1, HMOX1, HO, HO1, HSP32
- Protein Accession Number: P09601
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3162
- Heme Oxygenase 1 (HO-1) is an enzyme in endoplasmic reticulum that belongs to the heme oxygenase family. HO-1 cleaves the heme ring at the alpha methene bridge to form Biliverdin. Biliverdin is subsequently converted to Bilirubin by Biliverdin reductase. In physiological state, the highest activity of HO-1 is found in the spleen, where senescent erythrocytes are sequestrated and destroyed. HO-1 activity is highly inducible by its substrate heme and by various non-heme substances such as heavy metals, bromobenzene, endotoxin, oxidizing agents and UVA. HO-1 is involved in the regulation of cardiovascular function and response to a variety of stressors. Defects in HO-1 are the cause of Heme Oxygenase 1 deficiency, resulting in marked erythrocyte fragmentation and intravascular hemolysis, coagulation abnormalities, endothelial damage, and iron deposition in renal and hepatic tissues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-128
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.