- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Solubilized keratin extract from human stratum corneum was used as the immunogen for this HMW Cytokeratin antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1ug/10e6 cells
IF: 0.5-1.0 ug/ml
WB: 0.5-1.0 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE): 0.5-1.0 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the HMW Cytokeratin antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KRT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 1, 67 kDa cytokeratin, Cytokeratin-1, CK-1, Hair alpha protein, Keratin-1, K1, Type-II keratin Kb1, KRT1, KRTA
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3848
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This antibody recognizes HMW Keratin 1, 5, 10 and 14. In normal epithelia, it stains stratified epithelia, myoepithelial cells and basal cells in the prostate gland and bronchi. The HMW Cytokeratin antibody shows no reactivity with hepatocytes, pancreatic acinar cells, proximal renal tubules, or endometrial glands; there is no reactivity with cells derived from simple epithelia. Mesenchymal tumors, lymphomas, melanomas, neural tumors, and neuroendocrine tumors are negative with this mAb. It stains myoepithelial cells and has been shown to be useful in distinguishing prostate adenocarcinoma from benign prostate. It has also been useful in separating benign from malignant intraductal breast proliferations.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-239
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.