- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 1 - Glu 215
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 26.8 kDa. The protein migrates as 33 kDa and 35 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 26.8 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Hmgb1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HMGB1,HMG1,HMG3,SBP-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_034569.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 15289
- High-mobility group protein B1 (HMGB1) is also known as high-mobility group protein 1 (HMG-1) and amphoterin, is a member of the HMGB family consisting of three members, HMGB1, HMGB2 and HMGB3. HMGB1 is a non-histone architectural chromosomal protein ubiquitously present in all vertebrate nuclei and binds double-stranded DNA without sequence specificity. The mechanism of inflammation and damage is binding to TLR4, which mediates HMGB1-dependent activation of macrophage cytokine release. This positions HMGB1 at the intersection of sterile and infectious inflammatory responses. HMGB1 has been studied as a DNA vaccine adjuvant and a target for cancer therapy.
- 1: Wang H, et al., 1999, Science 285 (5425): 248–51.
- 2: Yang H, et al., 2010, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 107 (26): 11942–7.
- 3: Yang H, et al., 2010, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1799 (1-2): 149–56.
- 4: Fagone P, et al., 2011, Gene Ther. 18 (11): 1070–7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-352
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $590.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.