- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This HMFG antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 316-345 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human HMFG.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 43 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MFGE8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Lactadherin, Breast epithelial antigen BA46, HMFG, MFGM, Milk fat globule-EGF factor 8, MFG-E8, SED1, Lactadherin short form, Medin, MFGE8
- Protein Accession Number: Q08431
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2506380
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4240
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- HMFG plays an important role in the maintenance of intestinal epithelial homeostasis and the promotion of mucosal healing. Promotes VEGF-dependent neovascularization (By similarity). Contributes to phagocytic removal of apoptotic cells in many tissues. Specific ligand for the alpha-v/beta-3 and alpha-v/beta-5 receptors. Also binds to phosphatidylserine-enriched cell surfaces in a receptor-independent manner. Zona pellucida-binding protein which may play a role in gamete interaction. Binds specifically to rotavirus and inhibits its replication.Medin is the main constituent of aortic medial amyloid.
- 1: Yamaguchi, H., et al. Eur. J. Immunol. 40(6):1778-1785(2010)
- 2: Wheeler, H.E., et al. PLoS Genet.(10), E1000685 (2009) :
- 3: Hu, C.Y., et al. Lupus 18(8):676-681(2009)
- 4: Fu, Z., et al. Circ. Res. 104(12):1337-1346(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-718
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin