- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: Mouse monoclonal HIV-1 p24 antibody was raised against a recombinant full-length HIV-1 p24 protein.
- CONJUGATE: HRP
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PM-6585-HRP can be used for detection of p24 by Western blot or ELISA at 0.2 – 0.5μg/mL.
- SPECIFICITY: By Western blot, anti-HIV-1 p24 antibody detects a ~24 kDa, a ~41 kDa, and a ~55 kDa protein, corresponding to HIV-1 p24 and to its precursors p41 and p55, respectively, in HIV-1 samples.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 95-153 - Recombinant HIV-1 p24
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 24, 41, 55 kDa
- PURIFICATION: HIV-1 p24 Monoclonal Antibody is Protein A purified.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: HIV-1 p24 Monoclonal Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.02% thimerosol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: HIV-1 p24 Monoclonal Antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GAG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HIV-1 p24 Antibody [7F4] :
- Protein Accession Number: AAB50258
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 327745
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 155030
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- HIV-1 p24 Monoclonal Antibody: The human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) particle consists of an envelope, a core and the region between the two termed matrix (1). The HIV-1 Gag protein is a late structural protein that contains four proteins: matrix (p17), capsid (p24), nucleocapsid (p7) and the p6 protein (2). The p24 constitutes the major core component of the virus and shows high degree of sequence conservation among HIV isolates. The Gag p24 has been used as an integral part of multicomponent HIV-1 vaccines (3).
- 1: Goto T, Nakai M, and Ikuta K. The life-cycle of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. Micron 1998; 29:123-38.
- 2: Freed EO. HIV-1 gag proteins: diverse functions in the virus life cycle. Virology 1998; 251:1-15.
- 3: Flynn BJ, Kastenmuller K, Wille-Reece U, et al. Immunization with HIV Gag targeted to dendritic cells followed by recombinant New York vaccinia virus induces robust T-cell immunity in nonhuman primates. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2011; 108:7131–6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-6585-HRP
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin