- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Histone H2A.X (Ab-139) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around aa.137~141 (Q-A-S-Q-E) derived from Human Histone H2A.X.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000, Immunohistochemistry: 1:50~1:100, Immunofluorescence: 1:100~1:200
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of total Histone H2A.X protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 15 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: H2AFX
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: H2AX, H2A.X, H2A/X, MCH6, H2AFX, H2a/x, HIST5-2AX
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002096.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504253
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3014
- Variant histone H2A which replaces conventional H2A in a subset of nucleosomes. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling. Required for checkpoint-mediated arrest of cell cycle progression in response to low doses of ionizing radiation and for efficient repair of DNA double strand breaks (DSBs) specifically when modified by C-terminal phosphorylation
- 1: Yaneva M, et al. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res. 33 (16): 5320-5330. Tsukuda T, et al. (2006) Nature. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2006 March 6
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-387
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.