- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine
- IMMUNOGEN: This HIP2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 109-139 amino acids from the Central region of human HIP2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:100
For IF starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 22 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: UBE2K
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 K, Huntingtin-interacting protein 2, HIP-2, Ubiquitin carrier protein, Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2-25 kDa, Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2(25K), Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2-25K, Ubiquitin-protein ligase, UBE2K, HIP2, LIG
- Protein Accession Number: P61086
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 46577658
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3093
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- HIP2 belongs to the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family. It binds selectively to a large region at the N terminus of huntingtin. This interaction is not influenced by the length of the huntingtin polyglutamine tract. This protein has been implicated in the degradation of huntingtin and suppression of apoptosis.
- 1: Furukawa, Y., et al., Electrophoresis 21(2):338-346 (2000).
- 2: Kikuchi, J., et al., Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 20(1):128-134 (2000).
- 3: Petersen, A., et al., Exp. Neurol. 157(1):1-18 (1999).
- 4: Kalchman, M.A., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 271(32):19385-19394 (1996).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-078
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.