- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This HGS antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 256-286 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human HGS.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 86 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HGS
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Hepatocyte growth factor-regulated tyrosine kinase substrate, Hrs, Protein pp110, HGS, HRS
- Protein Accession Number: O14964
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9146
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- HGS is involved in intracellular signal transduction mediated by cytokines and growth factors. When associated with STAM, it suppresses DNA signaling upon stimulation by IL-2 and GM-CSF. It could be a direct effector of PI3-kinase in vesicular pathway via early endosomes and may regulate trafficking to early and late endosomes by recruiting clathrin. HGS may concentrate ubiquitinated receptors within clathrin-coated regions. It is involved in down-regulation of receptor tyrosine kinase via multivesicular body (MVBs) when complexed with STAM. This complex binds ubiquitin and acts as sorting machinery that recognizes ubiquitinated receptors and transfers them to further sequential lysosomal sorting/trafficking processes. HGS may contribute to the efficient recruitment of SMADs to the activin receptor complex.
- 1: Kirk E, et al. Cell Sci. 2006 Nov 15;119(Pt 22):4689-701
- 2: Sasaki Y, et al. Biol Chem. 2001 Aug 10;276(32):29943-52.
- 3: Miura S, et al. Mol Cell Biol. 2000 Dec;20(24):9346-55.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-121
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.