- SPECIES: Murine
- SOURCE SPECIES: (BTI-Tn-5B1-4) High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Alpha chain: QKKRRNTLHE FKKSAKTTLT KEDPLLKIKT KKVNSADECA NRCIRNRGFT FTCKAFVFDK SRKRCYWYPF NSMSSGVKKG FGHEFDLYEN KDYIRNCIIG KGGSYKGTVS ITKSGIKCQP WNSMIPHEHS FLPSSYRGKD LQENYCRNPR GEEGGPWCFT SNPEVRYEVC DIPQCSEVEC MTCNGESYRG PMDHTESGKT CQRWDQQTPH RHKFLPERYP DKGFDDNYCR NPDGKPRPWC YTLDPDTPWE YCAIKTCAHS AVNETDVPME TTECIQGQGE GYRGTSNTIW NGIPCQRWDS QYPHKHDITP ENFKCKDLRE NYCRNPDGAE SPWCFTTDPN IRVGYCSQIP KCDVSSGQDC YRGNGKNYMG NLSKTRSGLT CSMWDKNMED LHRHIFWEPD ASKLNKNYCR NPDDDAHGPW CYTGNPLIPW DYCPISRCEG DTTPTIVNLD HPVISCAKTK QLR Beta chain: VVNGIPTQTT VGWMVSLKYR NKHICGGSLI KESWVLTARQ CFPARNKDLK DYEAWLGIHD VHERGEEKRK QILNISQLVY GPEGSDLVLL KLARPAILDN FVSTIDLPSY GCTIPEKTTC SIYGWGYTGL INADGLLRVA HLYIMGNEKC SQHHQGKVTL NESELCAGAE KIGSGPCEGD YGGPLICEQH KMRMVLGVIV PGRGCAIPNR PGIFVRVAYY AKWIHKVILT YKL
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of mouse IMCD3 cells using a concentration range of 10-20 ng/mL. Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg of HGF (1EU/μg).
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized HGF recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted HGF stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing HGF recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Hgf
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SF, NK1, NK2, HGF/SF, SF/HGF, C230052L06Rik, Hepatocyte growth factor, Hepatopoietin-A, SF
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001276387.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 575501559
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 15234
- HGF is a mesenchymally derived potent mitogen for mature parenchymal hepatocyte cells and acts as a growth factor for a broad spectrum of tissues and cell types. HGF signals through a transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptor known as MET. Activities of HGF include induction of cell proliferation, motility, morphogenesis, inhibition of cell growth, and enhancement of neuron survival. HGF is a crucial mitogen for liver regeneration processes, especially after partial hepatectomy and other liver injuries. Human and murine HGF are cross-reactive. Murine HGF is expressed as a linear 728 amino acid polypeptide precursor glycoprotein. Proteolytic processing of this precursor generates the biologically active form of HGF, which consists of two polypeptide chains (α-chain and β-chain) held by a single disulfide bond resulting in formation of a biologically active heterodimer. The α-chain consists of 463 amino acid residues and four kringle domains. The β-chain consists of 233 amino acid residues.*Manufactured using (BTI-Tn-5B1-4) cells under license from the Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Inc.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-580
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.02 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.