- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This HGF antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 521-554 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human HGF.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 83 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HGF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Hepatocyte growth factor, Hepatopoietin-A, Scatter factor, SF, Hepatocyte growth factor alpha chain, Hepatocyte growth factor beta chain, HGF, HPTA
- Protein Accession Number: P14210
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 123116
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3082
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Hepatocyte growth factor regulates cell growth, cell motility, and morphogenesis by activating a tyrosine kinase signaling cascade after binding to the proto-oncogenic c-Met receptor. Hepatocyte growth factor is secreted by mesenchymal cells and acts as a multi-functional cytokine on cells of mainly epithelial origin. Its ability to stimulate mitogenesis, cell motility, and matrix invasion gives it a central role in angiogenesis, tumorogenesis, and tissue regeneration. It is secreted as a single inactive polypeptide and is cleaved by serine proteases into a 69-kDa alpha-chain and 34-kDa beta-chain. A disulfide bond between the alpha and beta chains produces the active, heterodimeric molecule. The protein belongs to the plasminogen subfamily of S1 peptidases but has no detectable protease activity. Alternative splicing of this gene produces multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms. Transcript Variant: This variant (1) encodes the longest isoform (1). To date, experimental evidence for cleavage of the proprotein into two mature chains has been shown only for isoform 1.
- 1: Ryugo, M., et al., Transplantation 78(8):1153-1158 (2004).
- 2: Lyon, M., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 279(42):43560-43567 (2004).
- 3: He, Y., et al., World J. Gastroenterol. 10(19):2827-2830 (2004).
- 4: Tjin, E.P., et al., Blood 104(7):2172-2175 (2004).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-064
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.