- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Monkey
- IMMUNOGEN: This HERV-FRD antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 79-107 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human HERV-FRD.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 60 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ERVFRD-1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Syncytin-2, Endogenous retrovirus group FRD member 1, Envelope polyprotein, HERV-FRD, HERV-FRD_6p241 provirus ancestral Env polyprotein, Surface protein, SU, Transmembrane protein, TM, ERVFRD-1, ERVFRDE1
- Protein Accession Number: P60508
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 44887864
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 405754
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs) make upapproximately 8% of the human genome. Although most HERVs arenonfunctional, the HERV-W (ERVWE1; MIM 604659) and HERV-FRDenvelope (env) proteins can induce cell-cell fusion when expressedin cells possessing appropriate receptors (Blaise et al., 2003[PubMed 14557543]).
- 1: Vargas, A., et al. J. Mol. Biol. 392(2):301-318(2009)
- 2: Chen, C.P., et al. Biol. Reprod. 79(5):815-823(2008)
- 3: Malassine, A., et al. Retrovirology 5,(2008) :
- 4: Mangeney, M., et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 104(51):20534-20539(2007)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-798
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.