- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This HERV (ERVWE1) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 400-429 amino acids from the Central region of human HERV (ERVWE1).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 60 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ERVW-1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Syncytin-1, Endogenous retrovirus group W member 1, Env-W, Envelope polyprotein gPr73, Enverin, HERV-7q Envelope protein, HERV-W envelope protein, HERV-W_7q212 provirus ancestral Env polyprotein, Syncytin, Surface protein, SU, gp50, Transmembrane protein, TM, gp24, ERVW-1, ERVWE1
- Protein Accession Number: Q9UQF0
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 47605755
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 30816
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Many different human endogenous retrovirus (HERV) families are expressed in normal placental tissue at high levels, suggesting that HERVs are functionally important in reproduction. The protein, also known as syncytin, is expressed in the placental syncytiotrophoblast and is involved in fusion of the cytotrophoblast cells to form the syncytial layer of the placenta. This protein has the characteristics of a typical retroviral envelope protein, including a furin cleavage site that separates the surface (SU) and transmembrane (TM) proteins which form a heterodimer.
- 1: Oluwole,S.O., Amyotroph Lateral Scler(2), 67-72 (2007)
- 2: Gong,R., Cell. Physiol. Biochem. 20 (5), 517-526 (2007)
- 3: Antony,J.M., AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses 22 (12), 1253-1259 (2006)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-446
- Size: 200 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.