- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gln 26 - Pro 651
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 96 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ERBB4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HER4, ErbB4, MGC138404, p180erbB4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001036064.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2066
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-4 (ErbB4) is also known as Her4, is a single-pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the ErbB family of tyrosine kinase receptors. ErbB family members serve as receptors for the epidermal growth factor (EGF) family of growth factors. ErbB4 is expressed in normal skeletal muscle, heart, pituitary, brain and several breast carcinomas. ERBB4 contains multiple furin-like cysteine rich domains, a tyrosine kinase domain, a phosphotidylinositol-3 kinase binding site and a PDZ domain binding motif. The protein binds to and is activated by neuregulins-2 and -3, heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor and betacellulin. Ligand binding induces a variety of cellular responses including mitogenesis and differentiation. Multiple proteolytic events allow for the release of a cytoplasmic fragment and an extracellular fragment. ErbB4 appears to play important roles in neuronal development, development of the heart and cancer. ERBB4 has been shown to interact with: DLG4, NRG1, STAT5A and YAP1. Mutations in this gene have been associated with cancer. Other single-nucleotide polymorphisms and a risk haplotype have been linked to schizophrenia.
- 1: Garcia R A., et al., 2000, (UNITED STATES) 97 (7): 3596–601.
- 2: Huang, Y Z., et al., 2000, Neuron (UNITED STATES) 26 (2): 443–55.
- 3: Williams Christopher C., et al., 2004, J. Cell Biol. (United States) 167 (3): 469–78.
- 4: Schulze Waltraud X., et al., 2005, Mol. Syst. Biol. (England) 1 (1): 2005.0008.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-286
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.