- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal HEPACAM2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human HEPACAM2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 370 - 420 of HEPACAM2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: HEPACAM2 antibody can be used for detection of HEPACAM2 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: HEPACAM2 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of HEPACAM2 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. HEPACAM2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with HEPACAM.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 51 kDa
- PURIFICATION: HEPACAM2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: HEPACAM2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: HEPACAM2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HEPACAM2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HEPACAM2 Antibody: MIKI, MIKI, UNQ305/PRO346, HEPACAM family member 2, Mitotic kinetics regulator
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001034461
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 86439957
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 253012
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- HEPACAM2 Antibody: HEPACAM2 (Hepatocyte cell adhesion molecule 2), a type I N-linked transmembrane glycoprotein, belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. The exact function of HEPACAM2 is currently unknown, but the related protein HEPACAM forms cishomodimers on the cell surface to regulate the cell adhesion and may inhibit cell growth through suppression of cell proliferation. HEPACAM and HEPACAM2 mRNA are differentially regulated in canine tumors, with HEPACAM2 mRNA showing increased levels in adenomas, but decreased levels in metastatic carcinomas compared to normal tissues, while HEPACAM protein levels decreased in adenomas. It is therefore likely that HEPACAM2 plays a different role than HEPACAM in the development and progression to tumors.
- 1: Klopfleisch R, Klose P, da Costa A, et al. HEPACAM1 and 2 are differentially regulated in canine mammary adenomas and carcinomas and its lymph nodes metastases. BMC Veterinary Res. 2010; 6:15.
- 2: Moh MC, Tian Q, Zhang T, et al. The immunoglobulin-like cell adhesion molecule HEPACAM modulate cell adhesion and motility through direct interaction with the actin cytoskeleton. J. Cell Physiol. 2009; 219:382-91.
- 3: Lee LH, Moh MC, Zhang T, et al. The immunoglobulin-like cell adhesion molecule HEPACAM induces differentiation of human glioblastoma U373-MG cells. J. Cell Biochem. 2009; 107:1129-38.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7111
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.