- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Glu31-Phe124
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 11.07 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB, 150mM NaCl, pH 7.2. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: WFDC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: WAP Four-Disulfide Core Domain Protein 2, Epididymal Secretory Protein E4, Major Epididymis-Specific Protein E4, Putative Protease Inhibitor WAP5, WFDC2, HE4, WAP5
- Protein Accession Number: Q14508
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10406
- WAP Four-Disulfide Core Domain Protein 2 (WFDC2) is a 25 kDa secreted glycoprotein containing two WAP domains. Mature human WFDC2 is 94 amino acids (aa) in length. It contains two WAP domains that likely mediate antiprotease and/or antimicrobial activity (aa 31 - 73 and 74 - 123). There are four potential splice variants. One shows a deletion of aa 27-74, while three others show aa substitutions: 28 aa for aa 75-124, 23 aa for aa 1 - 74, and 10 aa for aa 71-124. WFDC2 is a member of a family of stable 4-disulfide core proteins that are secreted at high levels. It is expressed by a wide variety of epithelial cells, including respiratory epithelium, salivary gland mucous cells, breast duct epithelium, distal tubule renal epithelium, and epididymal epithelium. WFDC2 may be a component of the innate immune defences of the lung, nasal and oral cavities and suggest that WFDC2 functions in concert with related WAP domain containing proteins in epithelial host defence. WFDC2 re-expression in lung carcinomas may prove to be associated with tumour type and should be studied in further detail. Mammary gland expression of tammar WFDC2 during the course of lactation showed WFDC2 was elevated during pregnancy, reduced in early lactation and absent in mid-late lactation. WFDC2 can undergo a complex series of alternative splicing events that can potentially yield five distinct WAP domain containing protein isoforms.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-500
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.