- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: HDAC6 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human HDAC6.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of HDAC6.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: HDAC6 body can be used for detection of HDAC6 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: HDAC6 antibody is human and mouse reactive. Multiple isoforms of HDAC6 are known to exist. HDAC6 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the HDAC family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1313 - Human Testis Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-701 - Human Testis Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 55 kDa
Observed: 32 kDa
- PURIFICATION: HDAC6 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: HDAC6 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: HDAC6 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HDAC6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HDAC6 Antibody: HD6, JM21, CPBHM, KIAA0901, Histone deacetylase 6, HD6
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006035
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13128864
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10013
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The histone deacetylase (HDAC) family contains multiple members which are divided into four classes. Class II of the HDAC family comprises six members, HDAC4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10, each of which appear to have tissue-specific roles (1). HDAC6 contains an internal duplication of two catalytic domains which appear to function independently of each other (2). HDAC6 has been shown to be part of the microtubule network and acts as a specific alpha-tubulin deacetylase, and has been suggested to be a potential therapeutic target in neurodegenerative disease (3).
- 1: de Ruijter AJ, van Gennip AH, Caron HN, et al. Histone deacetylases (HDACs): characterization of the classical HDAC family. Biochem. J. 2003; 370:737-49.
- 2: Grozinger CM, Hassig CA, and Schrieber SL. Three proteins define a class of human histone deacetylases related to yeast Hda1p. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1999; 96:4868-73.
- 3: Li G, Jiang H, Chang M, et al. HDAC6: a-tubulin decetylase: a potential therapeutic target in neurodegenerative disease. J. Neurol. Sci. 2011; 304:1-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7901
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.