- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: HDAC2 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human HDAC2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of HDAC2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: HDAC2 antibody can be used for detection of HDAC2 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL. For Immunoflorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: HDAC2 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of HDAC2 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. HDAC2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the HDAC family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 54 kDa
Observed: 52 kDa
- PURIFICATION: HDAC2 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: HDAC2 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: HDAC2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HDAC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HDAC2 Antibody: HD2, RPD3, YAF1, Histone deacetylase 2, HD2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001518
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 293336691
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3066
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The histone deacetylase (HDAC) family contains multiple members which are divided into four classes. Class I of the HDAC family comprises four members, HDAC1, 2, 3, and 8, each of which contains a deacetylase domain and exhibits a different, individual substrate specificity and function in vivo (1). HDAC2 was first identified as as a mammalian homolog to the yeast transcriptional regulator RPD3 (2). HDAC2 forms transcriptional repressor complexes by associating with many different proteins, including YY1, a mammalian zinc-finger transcription factor (2,3). Thus, it plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events (4).
- 1: Taunton J, Hassig CA, and Schreiber SL. A mammalian histone deacetylase related to the yeast transcriptional regulator Rpd3p. Science 1996; 272:408-11.
- 2: Yang WM, Inouye C, Zeng Y, et al. Transcriptional repression by YY1 is mediated by interaction with a mammalian homolog of the yeast global regulator RPD3. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1996; 93:12845-50.
- 3: Cress WD and Seto E. Histone deacetylases, transcriptional control, and cancer. J. Cell Phys. 2000; 184:1-16.
- 4: Kramer OH. HDAC2: a critical factor in health and disease. Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 2009; 30:647-55.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7899
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin