- SPECIES: Human, Mouse, Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: DLQEADLDLL RVTLSSKPQA LATPNKEEHG KRKKKGKGLG KKRDPCLRKY KDFCIHGECKYVKELRAPSC ICHPGYHGER CHGLSL
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by a cell proliferation assay using Balb/c 3T3 cells. The expected ED50 is ≤ 1.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 106 units/mg.
- PURITY: ≥ 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HBEGF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Heparin Binding EGF-like growth factor, HBEGF, Diphtheria toxin receptor (DTR)
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1839
- HB-EGF is an EGF-related growth factor that signals through the EGF receptor, and stimulates the proliferation of smooth muscle cells (SMC), fibroblasts, epithelial cells, and keratinocytes. HB-EGF is expressed in numerous cell types and tissues, including vascular endothelial cells, and vascular SMC, macrophages, skeletal muscle, keratinocytes, and certain tumor cells. The ability of HB-EGF to specifically bind heparin and heparin sulfate proteoglycans is distinct from other EGF-like molecules, and may be related to the enhanced mitogenic activity, relative to EGF, that HB-EGF exerts on smooth muscle cells. The human HB-EGF gene encodes a 208 amino acid transmembrane protein, which can be proteolytically cleaved to produce soluble HB-EGF. Recombinant Human HB-EGF is a 9.7 kDa protein containing 86 amino acid residues, corresponding to the extracellular EGF-like and heparin-binding domains of the full length HB-EGF protein.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-630
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805