- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Hax1b antibody was raised against a 10 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human Hax1b.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of Hax1b.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Hax1b antibody can be used for detection of Hax1b by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of Hax1 are known to exist. This antibody is predicted to recognize Hax1b.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Hax1b Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Hax1b Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Hax1b antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HAX1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Hax1b Antibody: SCN3, HS1BP1, HCLSBP1, HCLS1-associated protein X-1, HS1-associating protein X-1, HAX-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001018238
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 66363694
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10456
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Hax1b Antibody: The HS-1 associated protein X-1 (Hax1) was initially identified in a yeast two-hybrid assay on the basis of its ability to bind to the hemapoietic cell-specific protein 1 (HS-1). Hax1 possesses anti-apoptotic activity and is structurally related to Bcl-2 family members, including the presence of BH1- and BH2-like domains. It has recently been shown to interact with HIV viral protein R (Vpr), a protein required for viral pathogenesis of HIV and linked to T-cell apoptosis through activation of caspases 3 and 9. Other studies indicate that Hax1-mediated processing of HtrA2 (also known as Omi) by the mitochondrial protease PARL allows survival of lymphocytes and neurons when cytokines are limiting.
- 1: Suzuki Y, Demoliere C, Kitamura D, et al. HAX-1, a novel intracellular protein, localized on mitochondria directly associates with HS1, a substrate of Src family tyrosine kinases. J. Immunol.1997; 158:2736-44.
- 2: Sharp TV, Wang HW, Koumi A, et al. K15 protein of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus is latently expressed and binds to HAX-1, a protein with antiapoptotic function. J. Virol.2002; 76:802-16.
- 3: Yedavalli VS, Shih HM, Chiang YP, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr interacts with antiapoptotic mitochondrial protein HAX-1. J. Virol.2005; 79:13735-46.
- 4: Chao J-R, Parganas E, Boyd K, et al. Hax1-mediated processing of HtrA2 by Parl allows survival of lymphocytes and neurons. Nature2008; 452:98-102.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4715
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.