- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Mouse monoclonal Hax1a antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human Hax1a.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Hax1a antibody can be used for detection of Hax1A by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- PURIFICATION: Hax1a Monoclonal Antibody is Protein A purified.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG3
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Hax1a Monoclonal Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Hax1a monoclonal antibody can be stored at -20°C, stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HAX1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Hax1a Antibody [9G6C6] : SCN3, HS1BP1, HCLSBP1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006109
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13435356
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10456
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Hax1a Monoclonal Antibody: The HS-1 associated protein X-1 (Hax1) was initially identified in a yeast two-hybrid assay on the basis of its ability to bind to the hemapoietic cell-specific protein 1 (HS-1). Hax1 possesses anti-apoptotic activity and is structurally related to Bcl-2 family members, including the presence of BH1- and BH2-like domains. It has recently been shown to interact with HIV viral protein R (Vpr), a protein required for viral pathogenesis of HIV and linked to T-cell apoptosis through activation of caspases 3 and 9. Other studies indicate that Hax1-mediated processing of HtrA2 (also known as Omi) by the mitochondrial protease PARL allows survival of lymphocytes and neurons when cytokines are limiting. At least four isoforms of Hax1 are known to exist. This antibody is expected to recognize the longest isoform (Hax1a) as well as the shortest.
- 1: Suzuki Y, Demoliere C, Kitamura D, et al. HAX-1, a novel intracellular protein, localized on mitochondria directly associates with HS1, a substrate of Src family tyrosine kinases. J. Immunol. 1997; 158:2736-44.
- 2: Sharp TV, Wang HW, Koumi A, et al. K15 protein of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus is latently expressed and binds to HAX-1, a protein with antiapoptotic function. J. Virol. 2002; 76:802-16.
- 3: Yedavalli VS, Shih HM, Chiang YP, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr interacts with antiapoptotic mitochondrial protein HAX-1. J. Virol. 2005; 79:13735-46.
- 4: Chao J-R, Parganas E, Boyd K, et al. Hax1-mediated processing of HtrA2 by Parl allows survival of lymphocytes and neurons. Nature 2008; 452:98-102.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-4723
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.