- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: HAP1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human HAP1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 310 - 360 of HAP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: HAP1 antibody can be used for detection of HAP1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: HAP1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: HAP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: HAP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HAP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HAP1 Antibody: HLP, HAP2, HIP5, hHLP1, HLP1, Huntingtin-associated protein 1, Neuroan 1, HAP-1
- Protein Accession Number: CAC09418
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10241694
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9001
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- HAP1 Antibody: Huntington's disease (HD), a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by loss of striatal neurons, is caused by an expansion of a polyglutamine tract in the HD protein huntingtin. HAP1 was initially identified through a two-hybrid library screening; the binding of HAP1 to huntingtin correlated with the expansion of the polyglutamine tract. HAP1 also interacts with two cytoskeletal proteins (dynactin and pericentriolar autoantigen protein 1), suggesting that HAP1 may play a role in vesicular trafficking or organelle transport. HAP1 is also involved with the huntingtin-enhanced BDNF transport along the cellular microtubles. Attenuation of this process led to the loss of neurotrophic support and neuronal toxicity, which suggests that loss of this function might contribute to pathogenesis. Several alternatively spliced isoforms have been described for HAP1.
- 1: Borrell-Pagès M, Zala D, Humbert S, et al. Huntington's disease: from huntingtin function and dysfunction to therapeutic strategies. Cell Mol. Life Sci.2006; 63:2642-60.
- 2: Li X-J, L S-H, Sharp AH, et al. A huntingtin-associated protein enriched in brain with implications for pathology. Nature1995; 378:398-402.
- 3: Engelender S, Sharp AH, Colomer V, et al. Huntingtin-associated protein 1 (HAP1) interacts with the p150(Glued) subunit of dynactin. Hum. Molec. Genet.1997; 6:2205-12.
- 4: Gauthier LR, Charrin BC, Borrell-Pages M, et al. Huntingtin controls neurotrophic support and survival of neurons by enhancing BDNF vesicular transport along microtubules. Cell2004; 118:127-38.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4205
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin