- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This HAMP antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 17-46 amino acids from the Central region of human HAMP.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:500
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 9 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HAMP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Hepcidin, Liver-expressed antimicrobial peptide 1, LEAP-1, Putative liver tumor regressor, PLTR, Hepcidin-25, Hepc25, Hepcidin-20, Hepc20, HAMP, HEPC, LEAP1
- Protein Accession Number: P81172
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10720397
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57817
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- HAMP is involved in the maintenance of iron homeostasis, and it is necessary for the regulation of iron storage in macrophages, and for intestinal iron absorption. The preproprotein is post-translationally cleaved into mature peptides of 20, 22 and 25 amino acids, and these active peptides are rich in cysteines, which form intramolecular bonds that stabilize their beta-sheet structures. These peptides exhibit antimicrobial activity.
- 1: Matsumoto, M., et al. Circ. J. 74(2):301-306(2010)
- 2: del Giudice, E.M., et al. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 94(12):5102-5107(2009)
- 3: Kwapisz, J., et al.Zhejiang Univ Sci10(11):791-795(2009)
- 4: Barton, J.C., et al. Am. J. Hematol. 84(11):710-714(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 63-955
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.