- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: HAAO antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human HAAO.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of HAAO.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: HAAO antibody can be used for detection of HAAO by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1404 - Mouse Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: HAAO Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: HAAO Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: HAAO antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HAAO
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HAAO Antibody: HAO, 3-HAO, 3-hydroxyanthranilate 3, 4-dioxygenase, 3-hydroxyanthranilate oxygenase
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036337
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 188497625
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23498
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- HAAO Antibody: HAAO (3-Hydroxyanthranilate 3, 4-dioxygenase) is a monomeric cytosolic protein of the family of intramolecular dioxygenases containing non-heme ferrous iron. It is widely distributed in peripheral organs, such as liver and kidney, and is present in low amounts in the central nervous system. This enzyme participates in tryptophan metabolism. It employs one cofactor, iron. HAAO catalyzes the synthesis of quinolinic acid (QUIN) from 3-hydroxyanthranilic acid. QUIN is an excitotoxin whose toxicity is mediated by its ability to activate glutamate N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. Increased cerebral levels of QUIN may participate in the pathogenesis of neurological and inflammatory disorders. HAAO has been suggested to play a role in disorders associated with altered tissue levels of QUIN. Furthermore, recent study shows that HAAO are excellent candidate biomarkers for detecting ovarian cancer.
- 1: Decker RH, Kang HH, Leach FR, et al. Purification and properties of 3-hydroxyanthranilic acid oxidase. J. Biol. Chem.1961; 236:3076-82.
- 2: Huang YW, Jansen RA, Fabbri E, et al. Identification of candidate epigenetic biomarkers for ovarian cancer detection. Oncol. Rep.2009; 22:853-61.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5251
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin