- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 1-128 of human GYPC (NP_002092.1).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
IF: 1:50 - 1:200
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: HepG2
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: HL-60
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Mouse heart
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 34kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GYPC
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD236, CD236R, GE, GE:GPC:GPD:GYPD, GPC, GPD, GYPD, PAS-2, PAS-2', glycophorin-C, glycoconnectin, glycophorin-D, glycoprotein beta, sialoglycoprotein D
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2995
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Glycophorin C (GYPC) is an integral membrane glycoprotein. It is a minor species carried by human erythrocytes, but plays an important role in regulating the mechanical stability of red cells. A number of glycophorin C mutations have been described. The Gerbich and Yus phenotypes are due to deletion of exon 3 and 2, respectively. The Webb and Duch antigens, also known as glycophorin D, result from single point mutations of the glycophorin C gene. The glycophorin C protein has very little homology with glycophorins A and B. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 14-362
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.