- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This GYG2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 457-483 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human GYG2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 55 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GYG2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Glycogenin-2, GN-2, GN2, GYG2
- Protein Accession Number: O15488
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8908
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a member of the the glycogenin family.Glycogenin is a self-glucosylating protein involved in theinitiation reactions of glycogen biosynthesis. A gene on chromosome3 encodes the muscle glycogenin and this X-linked gene encodes theglycogenin mainly present in liver; both are involved in bloodglucose homeostasis. This gene has a short version on chromosome Y,which is 3' truncated and can not make a functional protein.Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encodingdifferent isoforms have been identified.
- 1: Gibbons, B.J., et al. J. Mol. Biol. 319(2):463-477(2002)
- 2: Harris, R.A., et al. Proteomics 2(2):212-223(2002)
- 3: Zhai, L., et al. Gene 242 (1-2), 229-235 (2000) :
- 4: Mu, J., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 273(52):34850-34856(1998)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-889
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.