- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: A synthetic peptide of human GSTM1
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:200 - 1:500
IHC: 1:50 - 1:100
Flow: 1:20 - 1:50
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Jurkat
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: HeLa
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Mouse liver
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Mouse heart
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 28kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GSTM1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GSTM1, GST1, GSTM1-1, GSTM1a-1a, GSTM1b-1b, GTH4, GTM1, H-B, MGC26563, MU, MU-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2944
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Cytosolic and membrane-bound forms of glutathione S-transferase are encoded by two distinct supergene families. At present, eight distinct classes of the soluble cytoplasmic mammalian glutathione S-transferases have been identified: alpha, kappa, mu, omega, pi, sigma, theta and zeta. This gene encodes a glutathione S-transferase that belongs to the mu class. The mu class of enzymes functions in the detoxification of electrophilic compounds, including carcinogens, therapeutic drugs, environmental toxins and products of oxidative stress, by conjugation with glutathione. The genes encoding the mu class of enzymes are organized in a gene cluster on chromosome 1p13.3 and are known to be highly polymorphic. These genetic variations can change an individual's susceptibility to carcinogens and toxins as well as affect the toxicity and efficacy of certain drugs. Null mutations of this class mu gene have been linked with an increase in a number of cancers, likely due to an increased susceptibility to environmental toxins and carcinogens. Multiple protein isoforms are encoded by transcript variants of this gene.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 23-734
- Size: 100 uL
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.